Re: Synthetic Oil

From: Jim Deeming <jwdxt_at_boco.co.gov>
Date: 1996/03/28

Chris Fischer (cfischer_at_nando.net) wrote:
>rmoulding_at_bibbway.bt.co.uk (Richard Moulding) wrote:
>You should have consulted the appropriate newsgroup for Sun hardware
>because, certainly, Castrol doesn't have the appropriate American
>Petroleum Institute service codes required by high-powered Sun. True,
>Castrol may prevent thermal breakdown, but only on todays smaller
>Intel platforms. For a Sun, you really needed some 10W-40 Slick 50.

No No NO NO NOOO! Slick 50 is a hoax! It is a scientific fact that you cannot cause teflon to "bond" as they claim to the interior working parts of your database. I had a DBA friend who dumped Slick 50 into his RS/6000 in an effort to get better use out of his under-sized SGA and BLAMO! All of his control files got corrupted. You positively do not want to do this.

Jim D Received on Thu Mar 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message