Re: Getting C++ to call my procedures ??

From: S. F. Lott <slott_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1996/03/26

hannon wrote:

> I'm building a database that needs to have PL/SQL procedures executed
> by a C++ program, I do not believe we have Pro*C does anyone know how
> to write that sort of code, or does anyone have any Pro*C output code? I
> guess I am wondering how Pro*C takes the embedded SQL and works it into
> the C code? I am new at this so please excuse any vagueness (spelling ?)
> Basically, I can't figure out how to call my procedures from within a
> C/C++ program.
>
> thanks for your time..
> paddy hannon
> hannon_at_rt66.com

PRO*C translates SQL embedded in a C program into pure C. The product includes the PRO*C precompiler, numerous libraries and a (almost useful) makefile. You find it hard to develop without it.

Your work-around would be to fire off system("sqlplus") calls and read the output file.

--
S. Lott
Consultant, NE Region