Re: SQL*NET

From: Hugo Toledo, Jr. <hugo_at_mcs.net>
Date: 1996/03/26

Ha Kong Kuen wrote:

> I want to know about the internal workings of SQL*NET and
> how it interfaces with the system, both on the Client and Server side.
> Where can I find the information or is there any book or articles or white paper
> ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ha Kong KuenWell, until my book comes out (plug!) I suggest the following:

Oracle7 Server Distributed Data: Volume 1 manual from Oracle SQL*Net version 2.3 manual from Oracle
Finally, check out the OCI documentation.

Most of all check out the Oracle Developer Program:

The Oracle Developer Program site contains lots of information, currently available to anyone without charge, including data sheets and white papers. Unfortunately, it is not immediately obvious where to look.

  1. Go to the ODP site: http://tiburon.us.oracle.com/odp/
  2. Clicking on the Library Icon takes you to: http://tiburon.us.oracle.com/odp/public/library/index.html
  3. Clicking on the White Papers icon takes you to: http://tiburon.us.oracle.com/odp/public/library/cr/html/cr_white.html
  4. Clicking on the Data Sheet icon takes you to: http://tiburon.us.oracle.com/odp/public/library/cr/html/cr_data.html

I strongly urge everyone to check out this information. This is the sort of stuff you only had access to if you were a BAP and even then had to order it most of the time.

Good Luck!

--
Hugo Toledo, Jr.   Author of "Oracle Networking" from Oracle Press
312.951.8012               Oracle WebSystem - Oracle Mobile Agents