Re: Launching separate Windows app from Forms 4.5 for DDE

From: kirsten konopaski <kkonopa_at_symantec.com>
Date: 1996/03/26

Hi Rune,

Thanks for the reply on using FFI to launch a separate asynchronous Windows exe. THis works great.
My next question: Now that I am able to launch the .exe, I attempt to initiate a DDE conversation. Behavior: Upon initial launch of the DDE server, and a subsequent initial DDE.INITIATE, the message is never sent. If I 'double_click' ie: (fire the WHEN_BUTTON_ACTIVATED trigger) twice, the message is sent and subsequent DDE messages only require a single fire.

  Its just upon initial load of the DDE server and the very first time initiating a conversation. Any ideas as to why this occurs?

->I also see this behavior with simply launching a Windows .exe via the FFI as
below. It seems to be strange behavior. HOWEVER, the only thing is that I am launching a 32bit app...this shouldn't make a difference though, I am running under Windows '95.

Thanks for your input,
Kirsten Received on Tue Mar 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message