Re: SQL*Net ASYNC

From: Hugo Toledo, Jr. <hugo_at_mcs.net>
Date: 1996/03/26

Cobus Theunissen wrote:

> I am using SQL*Net through dialup PPP. It works, but someone
> told me that I should investigate SQL*Net ASYNC. Does anyone
> have any information about this?
>
> Thanks
> Cobus
> jthun_at_sapient.com

SQL*Net ASYNC is undergoing desupport. See following:

Customer Care Support for version 1 of Oracle's SQL*Net Async Protocol Adapter will end effective June 30, 1996. This date corresponds to Oracle's Customer Care end date for SQL*Net Version 1. Oracle's SQL*Net Async Protocol Adapter Version 2, which was made available as a beta release on a limited number of platforms, will no longer be supported after December 31, 1996. Oracle is providing a free license transfer to Oracle's SQL*Net Version 2 TCP/IP protocol adapter to Oracle supported Async Protocol Adapter customers.

Extended Assistance Support will be provided to supported SQL*Net Async Protocol Adapter customers who are unable to migrate before the Customer Care Support end date through June 30, 1999.

--
Hugo Toledo, Jr.   Author of "Oracle Networking" from Oracle Press
312.951.8012               Oracle WebSystem - Oracle Mobile Agents