Re: Dev2000 with po7win95

From: Anthony Shih Hao Lee <tony_at_necta.nec.com.tw>
Date: 1996/03/26

In article <31472639.3C71_at_globalcom.net>, dsanders_at_globalcom.net says...

>jvandermeiden_at_tribune.com wrote:
>>
>> Rafat,
>>
>> I spoke with Oracle today, they said that officially Developer 2000 will
 not
>> run on Windows 95, but that there are ways to make it work. I also need to
>> get Developer 200 running on Windows 95. Anyone know what tricks are
 required
>> ? Oracle told me there is a way to get Windows 95 to run in 16-bit mode
 (??)

>Oracle tech support needs some help. I have found a way to get
>the developer 2000 and Designer 200 to work in the Win 95
>enviroment. You need to install the 7.2 Related files. I have
>spoken to Oracle Corp. and they do not have any knowledge of
>this working. In your Oracle.ini file set the local var =
>2:orcl and it will work.
>
>Hope it helped.
>
>Michael Sanders

As my answer for some other questions before, Developer/2K currently is only for Windows 3.1, i.e., it bases on SQL*Net Win31. On Win95, even installed PO7Win95, the Developer/2K cannot do anything associated new SQL*net Win95 (due to the different modules or DLL names, or different invokation mechanism).
The special connect protocol symbol "2:" is only correct on SQL*Net Win31 I am not sure about that it will works on SQL*Net Win95. When the problem will be solved? Perhaps we should wait until Developer/2K for Win95 released.

  • tony