Re: DBA position for City of Bryan, TX

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_rossinc.com>
Date: 1996/03/25

In article <4ip9dk$v0m_at_news.myriad.net> jon_at_ci.bryan.tx.us writes:
>I appreciate everyone's input regarding the salary, and yes, it is
>well below the "average" for just about anywhere. In defense, let me
>point out that the key virtues of this particular position (IMHO) are
>"low stress" and "small town," two things that 1) money can't buy and
>2) larger cities can't offer.
>
>If someone out there wants to get away from the rat race without
>becoming a hog farmer in Wisconsin or something (not to knock hog
>farmers or Wisconsin, by any means), then Bryan might be the place for
>you.
>
>If what you're after is a bigger salary...well, have fun chasing it.

It is not unusual for places to offer $35K for this type of work, and even not unusual to get someone to do it. What's hard is keeping them, when they get bored after 2 months and realize they can double or triple their salary with a simple move.

Try finding someone coming out of the armed forces. They might think the wages are decent, and would appreciate a first job in the real world.

--
Joel Garry               joelga_at_rossinc.com               Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc.   <> <>