Re: DBMS_OUTPUT

From: Leif Karsten Klepp <leifkle_at_powertech.no>
Date: 1996/03/22

Jeff Page (credware_at_terraport.net) wrote:
: I'm using Oracle Workgroup Server [v.7.1] and sql*plus [v.3.1]
: on NT 3.50. I sucesssfully compiled the dbms_output package [as
: user sys] but when I execute any test procedure in sql*plus,
: put_line does not display any output. Have I missed a step? Does
: the package, in fact, work on my platform?
:
: Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
:
: Jeff Page

DBMS_OutPut should work fine on Oracle 7.1 for NT, but you have to write the command "SET SERVEROUTPUT ON" in the beginning of your SQL*Plus session in order to see the output..

  • . . . Leif Karsten Klepp, Consultant E-Mail: leifkle_at_powertech.no

The views presented in this text does not neccessarily correspond with those of my organization or employer. These are my opinions, as a private individual. Received on Fri Mar 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message