Re: SQLPLUS QUESTION

From: Peter Mapson <mapsonp_at_ois.com.au>
Date: 1996/03/21

lan <lan_at_bluebird.com> wrote:

>Hi all,

>What command should I use to list database name and table names
>in SQLPLUS?

>thanks.

>--Lan

Technically, there is no SQLPLUS command for this information. What you want to know is which data dictionary tables/views hold this information. Retreiving the information from these tables and views is therefore and SQL question. (I know, I'm being pendantic ;-) )Check out the Application Developers Manual and Server Administration Manual for detailed listings of the data dictionary.

For listing tables, you could choose from user_tables and all_tables to see the tables you own or have access to.

To find the database name try querying the view v$database (you may not have privileges on this view unless you have DBA privileges or your DBA has granted you or PUBLIC access to the view).

Peter Received on Thu Mar 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message