Re: Unable to start dedicated process

From: (wrong string) ürgen Brunner <Juergen.Brunner_at_Rt.Bosch.De>
Date: 1996/03/20

Per Sundman adedata AB wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the problem is. I have got an Oracle 7.0.15
> installation installed on SUN 2.3 and I have oracle server manager
> installed on a Pentium with Windows NT 3.5. I have done all the
> configurations at both sides that i know of but i still receives the
> message "Unable to start a dedicated process" on my Windows client.
> When i look at the messages on the unix/oracle-server it says that I
> may not have installed the protocol Adapters even though I have
> installed it several times.
>
> Cananyone help me with this ???

We have got the problem also. Look at your server. For each SQl*Net connection a new process is started. If your server has not enough swap- and/or tmp-space or the process-table is full, he can't start this process and therefor you got the error messages. If you try to start another process at the server via his console, for example a new xterm you get also the shell response "No more processes".
Fix the problem temporary with shutting down unneeded processes on the server and permanent with clearing/reorganizing/freeing swap and tmp space.

J. Brunner

  Juergen Brunner
mailto:Juergen.Brunner_at_Rt.Bosch.de
  Robert Bosch GmbH , QI/LBS2-Rt          Phone :  ++49/7121/35-1090
  Tuebinger Str. 123, D 72762 Reutlingen  Fax   :  ++49/7121/35-2689