Re: Forms 4.5 Problem

From: David M. Taulbee <dtaulbee_at_po.michsb.trw.com>
Date: 1996/03/20

"Ted M. Troccola" <ttroccol_at_motown.ge.com> wrote:
>Having some difficulty determining a way to do this (logically).
>
>I have a popup window that comes up just before my commit.
>
>It will show which tables have been affected by your changes.
>
>The idea is that I want the user to see which blocks he
>has modified before he does the commit.
>
>Any ideas how to
>
> 1) Cycle through all of the blocks in the form?
>
> Currently, since my blocks are all named the same as the
> table they reflect in the DB, I go through all of the
> tables who are owned by the current_user. I then
> Find_Block(each table name);
>
> There must be a better way!
>
> 2) Make a List Item, or NON base table Block that contains
> this list of "blocks that have been CHANGED"? The problem
> here is that this list must be populated before the user
> enters anything on the window. The list will be at the
> bottom of the data entry area and the user should not
> be able to modify the data in the list.
>
>Thanks,
>Ted
>
>Please cc me an email, in case I miss your posting.
>--
>
> Ted Troccola Email : ttroccol_at_motown.ge.com
> troccola_at_vitinc.com
> Lockheed Martin Phone : (609)722-4721
> Government Electronic Systems Fax : (609)722-4707
> 199 Borton Landing Road Dial Comm : 8*224-4721
> Moorestown, NJ 08057-0927

Try storing your forms in the database and then create procedures to
retrieve the block names.  I have a series of procedures that I created
for controlling form/block/field access. Here is a couple of cursors that
may assist you.

cursor form_blocks is select scope1 from system.frm45__object
   where modid = frmid
   and objecttype =3
   and textdata1 like '%'||chr(10)||'1=16'||chr(10)||
                      '2=%1=400'||chr(10)||'2=1'||chr(10)||'%'
;
cursor get_modid is select modid from system.frm45__object
  where owner= app_owner and name = cur_frm and objecttype=1;

David M. Taulbee
TRW Vehicle Safety Systems
dtaulbee_at_po.michsb.trw.com