Re: hw choice for Financials

From: Stan Wolfe <stanw_at_magmacom.com>
Date: 1996/03/15

John,

I'm not a hardware guy, so I'm not familiar with the horsepower of the boxes you have mentioned. But I have worked with Oracle Financials and my only word of advice is "Don't skimp on the memory!". Financials is a memory hog. Most shops start with 256 MB and go from there depending on the number of concurrent users and the number "concurrent requests" (i.e., batch jobs) they anticipate.

Also, bulk up on disk. You will probably want at least 3 copies of your  production database -- prod, dev and either training or an instance used for testing patches and upgrades.

Good luck.

Stan Received on Fri Mar 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message