Re: sql question

From: <afischer_at_ea.com>
Date: 1996/03/15

rgunturu_at_ernie.eecs.uic.edu (Rajasekhar Gunturu) wrote:
>i have 2 records in a table of the following format:
>
>A B C
>------------------
>AAA 10 (B is null)
> BBB 10 (A is null)
>
>I'd like to combine such records into a single record, of the form:
>
>A B C
>------------------
>AAA BBB 10
>

>Is this possible? If so, how?
>
>thanks,
>raj
>(rgunturu_at_eecs.uic.edu)
>--

This worked for me though my example only used the two records you show above:

select max(a), max(b), c
from tmp1
group by c;

where tmp1 is defined as:

 Name                            Null?    Type
 A                                        CHAR(10)
 B                                        CHAR(10)
 C                                        CHAR(10)

Maybe that will work for you. Received on Fri Mar 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message