Re: Stat Info

From: Chris Deephouse <cdeep+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: 1996/03/15

Excerpts from netnews.comp.databases.oracle: 1-Mar-96 Stat Info by Parviz Siamak_at_ma.ultrane
> Are there any statistical or status information kept by Oracle server?
Yes. Oracle maintains dozens of tables with such information in the SYS schema. Some are populated automatically by Oracle server. Others are updated via the ANALYZE {object} command. The tables are listed in Appendix B of the Oracle 7 Server Administrator's Guide.

> I.e., can I access such information periodically?
You can write standard SQL queries against these tables. Some are accesses by the SQL*DBA MONITOR functions. There are also 3rd party DBA, tuning, and other tools which make use of these tables.

good luck.

-Chris Received on Fri Mar 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message