ORA-01575: timeout waiting...

From: John W. Olson <jols_at_chevron.com>
Date: 1996/03/13

Occasionally I will see the following error in my alert log:

Errors in file /local/vend/oracle/rdbms/log/smon_14695.trc: ORA-01575: timeout waiting for space management resource

The Server Messages Manual is pretty generic and suggests 'wait a few minutes and try again'. I have archive logging turned on. Is there any parameter I can tweak to keep this from happening again ?

I am running Oracle 7.1.6 on SunOS 4.1.3 Thanks

--
John W. Olson
        Chevron Information Technology Company