Re: ORA-01575: timeout waiting...

From: Mark <FootSeer_at_gnn.com>
Date: 1996/03/13

I have a OpenVMS system V6.2 and Oracle V7.1.6.2 and had the same problem. The message would only show up in the alter when noone was using the database. I called Oracle and was told that this is a performance/tuning problem. I increased the SGA shared pool and number of database buffers. This only seems to have increased the messages. I was told that engineering know of this and was going to double a timer in the next version to prevent these messages.

Mark Preston
Systems/Database Administrator Received on Wed Mar 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message