Re: UNIX Mail From a Trigger?

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_infosoft.be>
Date: 1996/03/13

In article <4i54kv$9r4_at_amdint.amd.com>, Jim Smith (Jim.Smith_at_AMD.COM) says...
!>
!>Hello Everybody,
!>To help me monitor Oracle errors as they happen, I was thinking about
!>having an ON-INSERT database trigger fire a UNIX mail message to
!>my UNIX mail account whenever there is a journal entry into my error table.
!>
!>Has anyone seen this done in a database trigger, or a stored procedure?
!>
!>I've been able to get the host script to work within SQL*Plus, but I haven't
!>been able to get it to work from a stored procedure or database trigger.
!>Any thoughts or suggestions?
!>Jim

Well, I haven't. I would have a Pro*C program registering an alert, the trigger sending the alert, and then again the Pro*C program doing the necessary Unix thingies.

--
Kind reGards
     \ /   |