Re: UNIX Mail From a Trigger?

From: Rebecca R. Aponte <aponte_at_destin.gulfnet.com>
Date: 1996/03/25

I have an application with 32 forms and four of them send unix -mail to some users (depending in certains constrains) or all my users if the conditions on my test apply. I have procedures written in forms (oracle forms do support the host command and you can send your mail by using host('mail "whatever name" yourname < include-file,no_screeen); You can make this a PL/SQL procedure inside the forms or a trigger.

The other option that I use is to send email to everybody and their mother is a utility table that I use to write errors, messages or or jus the information that I want to mail. Then in a sql script I do the following select 'mail -s "\||WHAEEVERTHE MESSAGE IS IN TABLE||""'||username|| from my_UTILITY_TAble and the in the same sqlp script i host a chagmod 77t ot change the file just created into an executable and my last host line is execute the file. BINGO! There goes my messages. (It is handy when you need to tell hundreds of users of a problem. Received on Mon Mar 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message