Re: Oracle Parallel Server

From: John Susag <John.susag_at_minneapolismn.ncr.com>
Date: 1996/03/11

>==========Dave Mausner, 3/9/96==========
>
>In article <4hqilh$3j5_at_reeve.research.aa.wl.com>,
> Brian Laskey <laskey_at_aa.wl.com> wrote:
>>Does anyone have any experience or thoughts about the Parallel
 Server
>>Option? We are considering it on either a VMS Cluster or on HPUX
>>with their new Distributed Lock Manager.
>>
>>We are looking at this for an application that "can't" go down.
 Would
>>this help? The disk will be redundant.
>>
>Officially, parallel server is _the_ way to go if you need
>fault-resistant rdbms access. the 7.2 doc has details about how to
>set this up.
>
>--
>Dave Mausner, Consulting Manager, Braun Technology Group, Chicago.

Absolutely. However, even with an OPS cluster, if the node you are logged into goes down you will need to manually reconnect to another node. This inconvenience can be overcome by using a TP monitor such as <start commercial> NCR's Top End <end commercial>.

John Susag - john.susag_at_minneapolismn.ncr.com Database Consultant, NCR Professional Services Received on Mon Mar 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message