Re: SAP TRASHING!

From: Ravi Garg <scrgarg_at_mcimail.com>
Date: 1996/03/10

Richard Long wrote:

> hill_at_cyberspy.com (J.D. Hill) wrote:
>
> >Does anyone have any NEGATIVE comments on SAP.
> >
> SAP is for consultants. They will reccommened the product so that
> they can spend the next two years installing it. Expect to spend alot
> on consulting. Also SAP requires your company to do business the SAP
> way, ie dates, timetables, precesses - it does not customize to the
> users needs except at great consulting expense. The network
> archetechure can get slow, check it out carefully.

Hi Richard,

I firmly believe in deploying standard application software packages in a business system. Most organizations are successful not because of their application systems but because of how they use their application systems.

Business systems are mostly similar in all walks of life. Inventory, MRP, Manufacturing, Sales & Distribution, Accounting, AP/AR are all there. I do not see why SAP consultants should be taking two years to install this software.

I have gone through this myself with BPCS and Fourth Shift in about 6-9 months where mostly my time was spent in BPR,data migration and parallel runs.

Advantage you get in using such prepackaged core applications is that your company is up and running these in a short time. Then we address the specific issues in your business processes outside this canned solution through EDI interfacs and like.

Regards,

Ravi Received on Sun Mar 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message