Oracle SQL*NET v1 DOS TCP/IP session under Win95

From: Clint Redwood <clint_at_kheldar.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/03/06

In trying to get a DOS application running against an Oracle 7.1 database, from a dos session of Win95, I am unable to get SQL*NET V1 TCP/IP dos drivers to connect via the TCP/IP stack provided by windows 95. The SQL*NET TCP/IP was installed as Microsoft TCP/IP V1.0, which seems to have been to do with LanManager, as the default pathnames for the hosts and services files had were related to lan manager. I have set these to point at the hosts and services files in C:\WINDOWS and added the "orasrv" line to the services file.

The error I get is Ora 6006 Unable to open socket.

I can't find any information to solve this problem... it seems as if the Windows 95 tcp/ip drivers are not backwardly compatible.

If anyone has any ideas, please email me at the address below.

Thanx.
Yours...

Clint

** ** ** Clint Redwood Email clint_at_kheldar.demon.co.uk ** ** **