Re: forms45_defaultfont to imitate Forms 3 appearance

From: Robert Jones <rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/03/02

Jim Fiegenschue <jimf_at_onramp.net> wrote:

>As a first step in moving our application to Forms 4.5 from Forms 3,
>we want to simply move the existing forms over and have them look and
>function as they did in good 'ole Forms 3. We would like our 24x80
>converted forms to approximately fill the entire maximized screen under
>Windows 3.11.

>Does anyone know a font which will accomplish this?

>Thanks in advance!

We are currently doing this and have yet to find a font which represents boilerplate text in the same way as Forms 3.0.

At the moment we are using MS Linedraw.9.Plain.Bold at the DEFAULTFONT in Oracle.ini and then using Courier 10 point for data fields. This allows us to see all the characters within the data fields with decsenders and it lines up the bolierplate failry accurately.

Anyone else using anything different?

Its a shame that Oracle didnt find a way of using True Type fonts for the conversion.

Robert Jones (rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk) - DBA, Developer/2000 Kalamazoo ANSWER Limited - an Oracle BAP ANSWER Open Systems Applications