DOS/Borland

From: Matthew W. Brown <mbrown_at_probe.net>
Date: 1996/03/01

Is there such a thing as Borland compiler support for the Pro*C for DOS product? Has anyone worked with this combination?

Also, we've been hearing that Oracle is dropping support for DOS. Anyone have any information on the official plan? At this point I haven't gotten a confirmation on this.

One last thing, when we first talked with individuals from Oracle, we were told that you could make calls to external C programs from stored procedures. What I heard at the Oracle Developers Conference this week was that "3GL callouts" was a feature that doesn't exist now but is coming.. Is there some way to do this now or am I just the victim of marketing hype? (Gee, that almost never happens)

Any info on any of the above topics is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Matt Brown mbrown_at_probe.net
R&D Team Leader, Data Transmission Network CS Grad Student, Univ. Nebraska at Omaha Received on Fri Mar 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message