Re: PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions

From: Charles Wolfe <cwolfe_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/02/29

John Kinkead <kinkead_at_ghgcorp.com> wrote:
>How can you view the contents of a package, and the source of procedures
>and functions in PL/SQL? I can get a list of packages through the
>ALL_OBJECTS view, but I haven't found a way to view the contents of the
>package and the source of the procedures and functions.
>

>John
>
>mailto:kinkead_at_ghgcorp.com

John,

Try something like this:

SELECT TEXT FROM USER_SOURCE
WHERE NAME='OBJECTNAME'
AND TYPE='OBJECTTYPE' (i.e. PROCEDURE, PACKAGE, FUNCTION, PACKAGE BODY')

hope this helps,

regards,
Chuck

Chuck Wolfe                         Phone:  (703)325-3718
Senior Consultant                   E-mail: cwolfe_at_ix.netcom.com
TELOS Consulting Services
460 Herndon Parkway
Herndon, VA 22070

I don't want the world, I just want your half...