Re: PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions

From: Volker Hauswurz <VHAUSWUR_at_Materna.DE>
Date: 1996/02/29

In article <3134CBEC.3534_at_ghgcorp.com> John Kinkead <kinkead_at_ghgcorp.com> writes:
>From: John Kinkead <kinkead_at_ghgcorp.com>
>Subject: PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions
>Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 15:41:00 -0600

>How can you view the contents of a package, and the source of procedures
>and functions in PL/SQL? I can get a list of packages through the
>ALL_OBJECTS view, but I haven't found a way to view the contents of the
>package and the source of the procedures and functions.

>John

>mailto:kinkead_at_ghgcorp.com

Try 'user_source'.

SQL> desc user_source

 Name                            Null?    Type
 NAME                            NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)
 TYPE                                     VARCHAR2(12)
 LINE                            NOT NULL NUMBER
 TEXT                                     VARCHAR2(2000)

NAME can be the package name, LINE is the source code line and TEXT is the source code.

Hope this helps.
Volker Received on Thu Feb 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message