Re: Question on Analyze and Foreign Key Constraints

From: Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com>
Date: 1996/02/29

On 28 Feb 1996, Ken Brouillette wrote:
> I was recently testing out the cost based optimizer for performance
> comparison purposes and ran 'analyze table compute statistics' on several
> tables. During a recent application upgrade, it was necessary to drop
> and recreate the integrity constraints on the database. Several of these
> failed with the error "No parent keys found." I reran analyze, removed the
> statistics, and the constraints worked fine.

I'm going to guess that you are on version 7.0.16. Known bug on that release (and maybe a few others). I think it was still broke on 7.1.4 and seems to be fixed on 7.2.2 (although other things are broke).

| Steve Butler          Voice:  206-464-2998         |
| The Seattle Times       Fax:  206-382-8898         |
| PO Box 70          Internet:  sbut-is_at_seatimes.com |
| Seattle, WA 98111    Packet:  KG7JE_at_N6EQZ.WA       |
All standard and non-standard disclaimers apply. All other sources are annonymous. Received on Thu Feb 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message