Re: 'HORABLE' BOOK IS A CROCK OF SHIT

From: Andrew Zitelli <zitelli_at_tus.ssi1.com>
Date: 1996/02/27

tjambu_at_falcon.telecom.com.au (Tony Jambu 041 985 2628) wrote:
>> Regardless of the book version, mine has been messing up the top and
>> bottom of each page. And fonts are not appearing as seen on screen.
>> I've given up after loosing a lot of paper and just select entire
>> document, copy to clipboard and paste in word. It has worked fine
>> with a HP printer, but not Apple II laserjet.
>
> I too have the same problem. Like I said in an earlier posting.
>
> ORACLE BOOK IS A CROCK OF SHIT.
>
> Oracle Guys/Gals working on this product, don't tell anyone that you
> have worked on Horrible Book will you? I would be too embarrassed.
> <SNIP>
> For heaven's sake use PDF files and distribute Adobe's Acrobat.

I am glad to see someone bring this up. I have become so frustrated with Oracle Book that I have started ordering the printed copies of the manuals I need. It seriously irritates me that I must now pay $1000+ per year for manuals that were previously provided at no additional charge with software distributions. After all, I am paying tens of thousands of dollars each year in maintenance fees. In fact, it seems to me the fees have even gone up slightly in that past year or two. I strongly agree with the assessment that Oracle Book is a crock of %*&$.

Does this bother anyone else? Could this be the reason that so many questions that are clearly documented in the Oracle manuals, are posted to this newsgroup? Has anyone noticed that most Oracle software distributions now seem to come with at least six or eight superfluous and seemingly irrelevant documents, flyers, advertisements and other stuff? I would happily trade all of these for even one meaningful little manual!

  • Andrew Zitelli