Re: Minimal disk configuration for Oracle

From: Mike Madland <mikemad_at_asymetrix.com>
Date: 1996/02/26

johnny_baker_at_us.wfl.com wrote:

>What are the MINIMAL number of disks guaranteeing point-in-time recoveryy
>and "decent" performance on a database of 1GB or less with 50 active concurrent users. These disks will be
>mirrored.

>This is what I have now. Can you improved on this?

>Disk 1 - Oracle executables
> System tablespace
> Redo log files
> Tools tablespace
> Export dump file
> Copy of control file
>Disk 2 - Data
> Temporary tablespace
> User tablespace
> Copy of control file
>Disk 3 - Indexes
> Copy of control file
>Disk 4 - Rollback segments
> Archived redo log files

>Reply to johnny_baker_at_us.wfl.com or direct posting.

>Thanks in advance

I also have 4 mirrored drives with a few differences

Disk 1 - Unix/Oracle executables

	System tablespace
	Tools Tablespace
	Control file 1
Disk -2 Redo logs
	Export dump file
Disk 3 - Data
	Users tablespace
	Copy of control
	Rollback seg
Disk 4 - Indexes
	Temporary tablespace
	Copy of control
	Rollback seg

The main goal was to put the redo logs on their own drive and to split the data/indexes. I have about 50 users and performance is great.

Hope this helps.
Mike
mikemad_at_asymetrix.com Received on Mon Feb 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message