Re: How to get client's IP or name instead of OraUser

From: William <whuang_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1996/02/26

Reza Abouk,

Take a look at V$SESSION. Depending on your clients' O/S, it will show varying levels of information. You can also add USERNAME={client name} on your clients' ORACLE.INI as others have suggested.

If your clients are using SQLNet TCP/IP to connect your database, you can run NETSTAT (available for Unix and MS Windows NT) on your server. You should see a list of all active TCP connections with Oracle connections shown with a local machine name as {server host}.orasrv and the foreign machine name shown as your clients' host alias or ip address.

I use netstat along with other ip utilities to track down unknown connections.

I hope this helps.

-William Huang / mailto:whuang_at_earthlink.net