Re: Error:ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect...

From: Harri Kaukovuo <hkaukovu_at_gatekeeper.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/02/24

In article <4gdd2r$r7n_at_portal.gmu.edu>, soonam_at_list.gmu.edu (Soonam Kahng) writes:
|>Wile I installing and testing..
|>
|>I got the following messages "ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to
|>destination". I don;t have any idea for this error message.
|>
|>Would you give me some clue ?
|>
|>thank you.
|>
|><Soonam>

Check that the listener in destination is running. Start the listener (V2) with following command:

        lsnrctl start

Check also that you have all needed TNSNAMES.ORA etc. configuration files correctly set in client side.

  • Harri
    Harri Kaukovuo, Oracle Corporation hkaukovu_at_us.oracle.com ** The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and ** do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.