Re: Does Oracle Have a Timer???

From: Peter Mapson <mapsonp_at_ois.com.au>
Date: 1996/02/23

>Ed Jennings (jennings_at_dca.net) wrote:
> I'm looking for a timer for Oracle. I want to scan a staging table
> at regular intervals (say every 2 hours). I know such a feature
> exists in the replication processes, but we don't have a license for
> it. Is there another way I can accomplish this without writing a
> unix daemon to log into the database? I want to keep it all within
> the rdbms if possible.
>
> Any ideas???

If you're using Version 7.2 or later, you might like to investigate the dbms_jobs package, which provides a scheduling mechanism within the database. (Actually, you might find this package available and functioning under Version 7.1, but it's not officially supported until Version 7.2) Check out the Oracle documentation for this package - you need to set one or two parameters in the init.ora file before it will function correctly. Received on Fri Feb 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message