Re: DBA-Sys admin Relationship - Need help to define it

From: Judie Stroup <stroup_at_Ops195.LMSC.Lockheed.Com>
Date: 1996/02/23

As a DBA, I am responsible for the production installation and upgrades. However, I don't need root privilege to do this! My sys admin creates the necessary Oracle account and the file systems where the datafiles and binaries will be located. He also mounts the CD. I can then connect to the Oracle account and perform the installs or upgrades. I use the same setup on both VAX VMS and Unix platforms. If the Oracle account is setup correctly with right set of privileges, root is not required.

judie
stroup_at_ops195.lmsc.lockheed.com Received on Fri Feb 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message