Re: Oracle for NT problems

From: Bill Manry - Oracle Corp. <bmanry_at_ibmgate-aix.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/02/20

Matthew Patton (patton_at_) wrote:
[...]
>1) NT oracle insists on installing all data structures, to include
>the NT binaries, indexes, dbms files, control files, the whole nine
>yards under X:\ORANT.

Just to clarify, it is the Oracle Installer (ORAINST.EXE) that is building the database under the same directory as the binaries etc. I know of nothing to stop you from building a more carefully-configured database using the normal DBA tools rather than the installer. I would assume this is the norm for "serious" DBs where performance is a concern.

/b

--
Bill Manry  -  Mainframe and Integration Technologies  -  Oracle Corporation
Standard disclaimer applies.