Re: Oracle CASE tools any good?

From: <richu_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/02/20

>Could you please give me a hint, if Oracle Case tools are any good.
>comparing with System Architect?
>I understand that it is a very complex tool that allows to generate a lot
>of code for Oracle tools. However we will use Power Builder not SQL*Forms.
>According to what I have heard, the Oracle Case Tool would allow us to
>generate code for replication, that we are going to implement for 17
>subsidiaries. We might need to generate some customized triggers also?

DESIGNER 2000 (ORACLE's new case tool will do all of above..)

Forget Powerbuilder..I can do without its damn GPFs. Besides for a large project, who can beat chuggin out forms and reports as fast as cockroaches can multiply? Anywho, yes Designer is complex but a bunch of us at work got togther and got pretty proficient in 3 days. We really like the modeling tools from which we can generate DDLs for generating tables, you name it...

WARNING: it does have a learning curve Received on Tue Feb 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message