Re: Questions about Oracle Power Objects

From: Eric Therrien <ericth_at_montrealnet.ca>
Date: 1996/02/19

In article <4g8ueg$a5m_at_newsstand.cit.cornell.edu>, cwd7_at_cornell.edu wrote:

> Currently I am having two problems:
> 1. The manual says that with a Blaze database, column attributes
> (including name) can be changed. ---> OPO won't allow it.

Well you can't do it. How many time I've wish I hadn't push that save button... One thing I've learned is that even if it's written in the manual doens't mean it work... Check the readme file, I beleive they say the MODIFY clause dosen't work, Yet... And you need it to modify a table...

> 2. When I save a table created on a new Blaze database (as opposed to
> the ones provided (i.e. SAMPLE and MLDATA) I get the following error
> messages:
> TBL-04008: Error saving "<tablename>" to database
> SES-06000: Database error: PFW-04002: Assertion Failed: file
> netsnap\sqlvaluecpp line 114
> DBO-05092: Internal error _at_netsnap\db.cpp:976: bad buffer init
> (0x0,0x0)
> When I attempt to exit from OPO, I then get the following:
> DBO-05094: Internal error _at_netsnap\lowdb.cpp:976: bad savepoint
> sequence (0x0,0x1,0x1,0xc8)

Well, that one is weird, but what's the name of your table? There might be a conflict of table or the name is too long, or... I know I've had trouble with Blaze, now that i'm using the demo PO7 that came on the CD I don't have to play with that kind of error message anymore...

Anyway, I hope it help...

  Eric Therrien                       Internet: ericth_at_montrealnet.ca
  Club Informatique Longueuil: http://www.connectmmic.net/users/cil
  Président du Club Informatique longueuil inc           Montreal, PQ