Re: Challenge: The Best Database Program?

From: Argon451 <argon451_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/02/18

>>lazore_at_csos.orst.edu (Edward E. Lazor) wrote:
>>

>> I dunno if I'm opening up a can of worms or what but I figured I'd go
>> for it anyways...
>>
>> which do you guys feel is the best database program and why?
>>

>Without a doubt, I place R:Base from Microrim at the top of the list.
>It is a fully 32-bit based, fully relational database system, with
>full SQL, and comes in both DOS and Windows formats. I have been
>using it for 10 years now, and have no difficulty whatsoever.
>
>Ciaran Meagher
>icon_at_iol.ie

I disagree. The finest, simplest, most pervasive database ever developed is DOS, in all its incarnations. Sure, it isn't relational, but what other database is on almost every computer on the planet, and works under every operating system? And what other database offers on-the-fly data compression? 'Course, that's my opinion, I could be wrong <G>. And I've been using it for ten years.... Received on Sun Feb 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message