Re: ANNOUNCE: Vacant Job Positions

From: Xu Yifeng <jafd_at_public.sta.net.cn>
Date: 1996/02/16

John Dooney wrote:

> pablo_at_ppp-mew.corp.sgi.com (Pablo Sanchez) wrote:
> >

> One real good reason is competition. If two person are applying for the same job
> and are equal in experience and quality, the one with the degree will win. That's
> the world we're competing in...DEAL WITH IT!

I think a degree is a deck, I graduated from CS, but I lost my degree, why?
When I am studying in CS, I am only interested in CS, I like algorithm, programming and system design..., I ignored other subjects, for example, some stupid math lesson, I hate their ugly formula, I always escaped out of classroom and ran into our Computer center. as result, I lost my degree.

but!

I think I learned more them others. because after two years, three years... we all forgot the ugly lesson, like advance math lesson, history lesson,... this because they needn't the ugly lesson in live, and only remember CS theory, I learned more than them on CS!
I am now a network administer and software engineer and a high level programmer, I live better than others.

I suggest every company if you need a programmer, don't ask his degree, you should test his ability, working two month in your company, and see if the guy is all right, if not, kick him off...

Xu Yifeng Received on Fri Feb 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message