Re: SQL*Plus pads numeric data in query result

From: Tony Damon <bfntd_at_aimnet.com>
Date: 1996/02/16

Bob Blizard (rblizard_at_bb.cmcsys.com) wrote:
: I am trying to get a select in SQL*Plus (3.1.x) to produce a flat file
: suitable for load using sqlload. The problem I am having is that no
: matter what I try, I seem to get 4 spaces padding the left side of my
: numeric data. I have tried most everything (except the right thing, of
: course):
:
: set heading off
: set space 0
: set pagesize 0
: set feedback off
: set numwidth (all sorts of values)
:
: I have tried 'column deptno format 99' without success.
:

The problem is the width of the column name (deptno).

Add this to your column statement:

column deptno format 99 heading 'D#'

BTW, I've never been able to get rid of the space for the sign (short of using a to_char() function).

Hope that helps,
Tony

CC private mail Received on Fri Feb 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message