Re: Oracle and the WWW

From: Aldy Hernandez <aldy_at_abulafia>
Date: 1996/02/16

> Barbara Ann Barman wrote:

 >> I am interested in experiences developing an Intranet WWW front-end for
 >> an Oracle Database.  The database is complex (22 forms and many triggers
 >> and stored procedures).  I am interesting in hearing about people's

> It is certainly possible, but requires some planning. There arent any
> real 'tools' you can use to convert or build the system. You may want to
> have a look at oracle's web system, but I havent been terribly impressed
> by it. Best way I have tried is writing a CGI interface in C, perl, or
> Java. using java applets (depending on your audience) would be an

I develop WWW oracle stuff on a daily basis and I've found Oraperl to do the job just right. Oraperl is an Perl interface to Oracle. I am currently involved in a registration online (www) project and am using Oraperl and Oraguile (a Scheme interface to Oracle).

Scheme or Perl would do just fine.

Aldy
aldy_at_andrews.edu Received on Fri Feb 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message