Re: Oracle and the WWW

From: Rich Neill <rich_at_sbrich.ic.sunysb.edu>
Date: 1996/02/17

:  > Barbara Ann Barman wrote:

: >>
: >> I am interested in experiences developing an Intranet WWW front-end for
: >> an Oracle Database. The database is complex (22 forms and many triggers
: >> and stored procedures). I am interesting in hearing about people's

At our University we have implemented web to Oracle interfaces using scripting languages ranging from Perl to Tcl.

Recently, we are starting to look at using Java coupled with a class library from a company called Weblogic to build WWW<->Oracle applications. We would like to make use of the object oriented nature of Java, coupled with the ability to build more advanced user interfaces, and make use of stored procedures inside the DB.

Hope this helps,

Rich Neill
SUNY at Stony Brook Received on Sat Feb 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message