Re: S-Designor CASE Tool

From: Bruce McGee <Bruce.McGee_at_asg.unb.ca>
Date: 1996/02/15

In article <312225EB.5281_at_continental.com>, Darryl Smith <dsmith_at_continental.com> wrote:
>Ed Jennings wrote:
>>
>> I'm about to purchase ErWin as our corporate Data Modelling tool.
>> However, at the last minute someone else has suggested that we
>> consider PowerSoft's S-Designor. I've never used it and only know
>> what I've read. I don't see anything it provides that ErWin doesn't.
>> Our front-ends are PowerBuilder, JAM, Delphi, & VB. The DB is
>> Oracle 7.2.2. I'm not sure I want a tool that is owned by Sybase.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me about their experiences with Data Modeling Tools
>> in general, and S-Designor in particular. Does S-Designor have any
>> pitfalls I should be aware of? Is is superior/inferior in any key
>> areas??
>>
>> Your thoughts are appreciated.
>>
>> Ed Jennings
>> jennings_at_dca.net
>
>Info World - Last week, a good review of the products you mention.

I use ER-Win, and it suits my needs very well, but have not used S-Designer. To make a fair evaluation, you might want to take a look at their evaluation copies available for free from their web site. They have the standard edition and one made for use with Powerbuilder. I have downloaded them both, but will not have time to look at them for a while. Good luck.

Regards,
Bruce Received on Thu Feb 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message