Oracle Financials Security Question

From: Rose Pekarek <Rose.Pekarek_at_hbc.honeywell.com>
Date: 1996/02/13

Hi All!

We are trying to develop a convenient method for maintaining the underlying Oracle Passwords for Oracle Financials on HPUX. The passwords for Oracle users GL, AP, etc. have been hard coded by our developers in numerous places for various reasons. In all cases we need access to the passwords from the Unix environment. Using .sqlrc files is not convenient because it becomes a maintenence nightmare whenever the passwords are changed.

Has anyone out there developed a scheme to simplify Oracle password maintenence on a Unix platform?

Please email responses to rpekarek_at_mn26hp11.honeywell.com.

Thanks in advance!

Rose Pekarek
Synergy Consulting Received on Tue Feb 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message