Re: Q: Can you rollback a trigger?

From: PKelley772 <pkelley772_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/02/11

Earlier I wrote,

>> In one of my systems, an insert into table 1 fires a trigger that
 causes
>> an insert into table 2, which fires a trigger that inserts into table
 3,
>> etc.
>> Since I don't issue savepoints at any point in the transaction (not
 even
>> sure if it's legal in a trigger), a rollback will roll back all of the
>> inserts, every time.

 gklloyd_at_cix.compulink.co.uk ("Graham Lloyd") responded -

>Unless you are updating distributed databases without 2-phase commit,
>that is.

UDDW2PC = update distributed databases without 2-phase commit

If I were to UDDW2PC, how would I manage transactions? Do I have to fire remote procedures to issue remote savepoints and rollbacks? If not, how?

Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Paul Received on Sun Feb 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message