Re: How fast is Oracle ?

From: EndUser <enduser_at_enduser.com>
Date: 1996/02/10

there are lots of variables in this. 1. using sql*net v2? 2. doing joins? 3. using indexes on the table? 4. clustering keys? 5. can your lan support the amount of data you want to push?

indexing slows inserts, speed queries, joins slow queries, clustering speeds queries if indexes are clustered. lan/middleware is critical, make sure oracle has a lot of memory, possibly cache enlargement.

---