SQL*Net via MS TCP/IP-32 3.11a very slow

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cj.engel_at_ease.nl>
Date: 1996/02/09

Hello,

We are using an Oracle 7 server on server with SQL*Net V2 via Microsoft TCP/IP 3.11a. Everithing does work, but very slow. We are also running Samba on the server, with no performance problems at all. But a login to Oracle takes up to two minutes!. When I access my server via SQL*Net on the SCO-box there are no problems. Is there something I can do to come around this?

Thanks in advance,

Carel-Jan Engel           email:   careljan_at_ease.nl
                          phone:     +31 1828 13460
Take it Ease!             fax:       +31 1828 13570
                          snail:   Kastanjelaan 61c
                                2743 BX Waddinxveen
                                    The Netherlands
Ease - Engel Automation & Software Engineering B.V. Professional solutions with Oracle, Unix and/or 'C' Received on Fri Feb 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message