Re: ORA-3113 problem - Help!

From: Kersten Fangmeier <kfang_at_cube.net>
Date: 1996/02/08

rayho_at_ix.netcom.com (Raymond Ho) wrote:

>We have a vendor written application that would died with a ORA-3113
>after processing for some time. I thought it was an ODBC problem so I
>wrote a test program using VB as front end calling a DLL written with
>Pro*C. I have tried SQL/Net version 1 as well as version 2. The
>simple test program died with an ORA-3113 after processing for a while
>also. I checked the statistics of TCP, there was no timeout errors
>and I have no reason to believe it is a network problem. Did anyone
>experience this problem?

>Ray

The ORA-3113 error means, that Oracle has no idea what kind of error happened. It just tells You that the connection was lost. Sometimes there is an additional error which tells You more about it, but if not there can be thousands of reasons...

Sorry

Kersten Received on Thu Feb 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message