Re: Oracle on Windows NT ??? SOS

From: Ben Suurmeijer <B.Suurmeijer_at_PTT-Telecom.nl>
Date: 1996/02/07

Sanjay wrote:

> Please if someone can give share some experiences of using Oracle 7.x on
> NT 3.5 or 3.51.
>
> I wonder if Oracle 7.2 on NT 3.51 is a stable product ??
>
> We have tried using Oracle 7.1.3.3.4 on NT 3.51; however it crashes often
> with an error :
> QUOTE
>
> Dr. Watson for Windows NT
>
> An application error has occured and an application error log is
> being generated.
>
> ORACLE71.exe
> Exception: access violation[0xc0000005], Address: 0x0003df26
>
> UNQUOTE.
>
> Shall greatly appreciate an early response. Thanks very much.

HI,

First: We had/have the same problems. So I called Oracle but because there are no
(oracle) log or trace-files they say it is a NT-bug. So I call Microsoft and they say it is an Oracle bug...... So no solution to that. It happens to us about
once a week.

Is Oracle 7.2 for NT available? I havn't heard about it yet!

Greetings,

Ben Received on Wed Feb 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message