Re: Oracle on Windows NT ??? SOS

From: MPower 'your future today' -- Mark Otero <mpower_at_ee.net>
Date: 1996/02/08

Sybrand Bakker <Sybrand.Bakker_at_bentley.nl> wrote:

>Ben Suurmeijer wrote:
>>
>> Sanjay wrote:
>> >
>> > Please if someone can give share some experiences of using Oracle 7.x on
>> > NT 3.5 or 3.51.
>> >
>> > I wonder if Oracle 7.2 on NT 3.51 is a stable product ??

>> Is Oracle 7.2 for NT available? I havn't heard about it yet!
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Ben

>Ben,

>Oracle 7.2 is available. On our site it is now running for two weeks and
>so far I didn't experience any crashes. As we receive our sw directly
>from US, you should probably check with Oracle Netherlands regarding
>availability over here. Some small problems however still exist,
>although I have a feeling this is not 7.2 specific. For some reason I
>can't connect with an OPS$ user from any client PC, although I changed
>all remote* parameters in the init.ora to true.

>Regards,

>Sybrand Bakker
>Senior IS Analyst
>Bentley Systems Europe

Hi Sybrand,

(ref. Oracle NT Release Notes)
Operating System Authenticated Logins

You cannot use the Windows NT operating system to authenticate Oracle database users using the OPS$ mechanism. A future release will provide this capability.

I am running 40MB NT 3.51 BackOffice Server with Oracle Server 7.1 for NT and SQL Server 6.0. We have been doing stress tests and have found no problems, so far. :^)

Mark

                       !!!!!
                      /'_at_ @'\

|   BigDaddy's Internet USENET FaxBack Service    |
|         'never leave home without it'           |
| Mark Otero                        mpower_at_ee.net |
| MPower                        Your Future Today |
| 178 Beechbank Road               (614) 338-1550 |
| Columbus, Ohio 43213-1261    Fax (614) 338-1553 |
                     | |  | |