newbie

From: (wrong string) önen <hytojuh_at_jytol.fi>
Date: 1996/02/03

Hi everybody.... Well I´m new one in databases and I have question:

Assume that I have this kind of environment: Windows NT-server(servers)
Windows NT-workstations (couple)
Database which include large amount of text and photos

Text is written down by workstation users with some ordinary word processing program (WordPro, WP) and photos are scanned (maybe in gif or bmp formats). Texts(or articles) are organized by its subject or context. End users are people who writes data to the system or people who search data from the system (user programs must be simple enough to use).
First of all, I need information of tools (database, administration, end user software) and methods to set up this like system.

I'm familiar with computing, pc's servers (VAX, Novell etc) and other networking methods but my earlier experience with database needs filling up.

Thanks in advance if you have any kind of engouragement or suggestions.

Juha Hytonen hytojuh_at_jytol.fi