Re: Undocumented Error ORA-01653 (7.1) What is it?

From: Ed White <ewhite_at_ingenia.com>
Date: 1996/02/01

Paul Mongauzy wrote:

> Hello everyone;
>
> While rejoicing in a successful prototype of an IS app we came across a
> tienie wienei error generated REPEATIDLY! when executing a SQL*loader
> script program. The error generated within the log file read as follows:
>
> Record 72305: Rejected - Error on table CRAD_LEDGER.
> ORA-01653: unable to extend table PMONGAUZ.CRAD_LEDGER by 3596 in
> tablespace DRMPCGL
>
> There doesn't appear to be any mention of this error code within the
> Messages and Codes Manual. If anyone could share what causes this error
> it would greatly be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

The error message you are getting is equivalent to ORA-1547. In version 7.1 the error message has been expanded into 4 individual errors, including 1653. You must be running ORACLE v7.1+ and have a pre 7.1 manual set. However, I believe the solution is the same - add a new datafile to the tablespace containing the table so it will fit.

Hope this helps.

Ed White  (ewhite_at_ingenia.com)
http://www.ingenia.com/home/team/ewhite.html
Ingenia Communications Corporation